SCRATCHES....get out the Dremel?

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 14:08:09 EDT

Well, sometimes one has to experiment and thats what I
have been doing to remove some bad scratches on my Dak. I
found that if I used 2000 grit sandpaper (Walmart) with soap
and water it will reduce the scratches in depth wile creating
some very minute micro scratches. To remove these I got out
the old dremel and attached a small cotton buffer wheel. You
need the flex shaft extension (3ft.Long or so) and run it at
the absolute lowest speed. Use a polisher like Turtle wax
polish and scratch remover. Apply w/ fingertip & cloth..
dip in soapy water, scratch remover and then to the paint.
give it a second to dry, then using the small buffer wheel
LIGHTLY go over the sanded area removing the dry scratch
remover.
Do this VERY SLOWLY and after a wash off with a wet rag,
repeat until the scratches dissappear. CAREFULL, I recommend
this on bad scratches only. You shouldn't need luck if you
have patience and a light touch.
gs