Re: Wax on R/T wheels

From: John Bell (johnb@pswtech.com)
Date: Tue Aug 18 1998 - 16:54:42 EDT

W. Jack Hilton III wrote:

> I remember that a few weeks back , a few of you mentioned that you used
> some kind of wax on the wheels to keep them from accumilating brake dust as
> bad .
>
> I am nearing my first rotation and would like to do something to clean the
> wheels and then maybe some wax to keep them from getting as dirty ,
> especially on the insides (I know , anal retentive) .
>
> I saw some Mother's at Wally-World , but I was worried about it removing
> the paint on the rims as it was for Aluminum and Magnesium wheels .

I use a soft scrub brush with water plus a detergent/wax mix.
Works great, lasts well, doesn't require a lot of elbow grease.
Also, is easy on the rims (no abrasives). Just buff it up with
a soft cloth after you rinse the rim, and you're done.

Have fun,

--
     John Bell    johnb@pswtech.com   http://www.psw.com
    "You're not foolin' anyone, y'know..." - Monty Python