Re: Re: Too much thinking

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 03:04:55 EDT

At 11:10 PM 8/18/98 -0600, you wrote:
>From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com
[...]
>>As to the 2nd question, I think it would be fesible to hook up a second
>module by tapping between the two with a simple 3-way toggle switch that
>could handle the amps and just switch between the two with a dead spot
>in-between and you also have a fool proof ignition kill switch--but maybe it
>would take more than just a simple toggle switch, what with all the wires it
>needs to control.

  Yep, there's about 65 on mine. (See my other post under the same subject.)
I just got to thinking after I sent my other post that rather than
relays, you could actually use 65 of those switches... That would be a lot
cheaper than relays. Some drawbacks are that you'd have to flip 65 switches
(maybe 30 some if you used double poled), and you'd probably have to be
careful to switch the power over last. (Best way would be to have a
battery cut-off in the cab and just kill the battery before switching
it over.) On the plus side, all those switches would make a great
conversation piece! ("Just call me Bond... James Bond. Now which
one of these is for the missle launcher?")

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |