RE:shift kit update was: Y pipes, others

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Wed Aug 19 1998 - 15:16:14 EDT

DML,
Shift Kit update:
got the package from Transgo finally! List= 149.00 This kit fits All Mopar
automatic transmissions: 727, 904, 518, 500, 44RH/RE, 46RH/RE.
IF i can set up a "distributor-ship" with them, we get (no matter how many
takers there are) a 30% discount or $104.30/kit (I heard some one on the
list get an offer for 87.00 and change??)
IF we can put together a 1500.00 total order, we get an addtl. 25% off or
78.25. This means , for a factory deal, that we need around 20 people
commited to buying a shift kit to get them at 78.00 + change.

All of this comes from the Transgo literature and not from personal
negotiations with Transgo. Has anyone heard of/ negotiated a better
offer????? Speak Now (or later...)

Ive been swamped at work but, we just switched to 4 10s from 5 8s so by
Friday evening I should have addtl info on whether I can swing this deal! If
not, were gonna have to go to a distributor and negotiate.

     I feel, that provided there are no "bad installs" this is the way to go
to firm up your shifts AND its compatible with the computer upgrades. The
video is clear and a big + at Transgo is their real time, on the phone tech
help. They suggest that anyone buying the kit call them before the install
to determine exactly which "flavor" of the kit you need based on your
driving/vehicle profile.
Ill keep you all posted, thanks Russ and Colin (I believe)
BKBridges