Re: 1935 Chryler Airstream w/ Dakota v8

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Fri Aug 21 1998 - 13:58:46 EDT

At 12:57 PM 8/20/98 , you wrote:

>that "truck engine" has been in many-a-hot rod long before our Daks!
Remember
>that. the 5.2 and 5.9 are strong enough for a truck, but made to launch
>anything!!
>Eric

What...only one response about my suggestion that a Magnum engine *might*
not be the best choice for a hot rod. What's wrong, y'all's flame throwers
out of napalm this week? Come on, I can take it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but our Magnum engines (which is what he was
asking about in the original message) are different that other 5.2/5.9s in
that they have the Magnum heads, right? They were designed for truck use
(low end torque, pulling power etc.), right? Look at all the hoops y'all
have to jump through to make drag racing engines out of them (come on, I
can take it). All I was suggesting was that there might be better choices
than a *truck* engine for a hot rod. 5.2/5.9 in the non-Magnum setup (crate
motor)? Hey, go for it, they're great engines. Probably be a lot better for
hot rod use is all I'm saying. Course, that's just my opinion...I could be
wrong.

....keep honking, I'm reloading...