Re: Wrecked by rice burner

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Aug 22 1998 - 00:31:47 EDT

Yes , BUT , since it was an R/T , you might be able to argue that it was an
investment type of vehicle and that the results of an accident , no matter
how good the repairs , will seriously remove from the investment potential .

It may not work , but I would try it like hell .

>>Should I sue for a new truck
>
>Since I am not a lawyer, the following should not be taken as legal advice.
>I know everyone else is telling you to go for it (and it never hurts to
>try) but I think you will not be very successful. From everything I have
>ever heard in that regard, you no longer had a "new" truck the instant you
>drove it off the dealers lot. The value of the truck instantly depreciated
>by several thousand dollars in the space of a few feet. Perhaps if the
>damage had been more extensive and the truck were closer to being totaled
>you might have some luck getting a whole new truck. I understand how you
>feel, it's perfectly normal. If I were you, I'd feel the same. I
>sympathize, but I'm also trying to be realistic. If the situation were
>reversed, would you want someone suing you for a new truck over a few
>thousand dollars worth of damage? I hope I'm proven wrong about this, but I
>think you would be better off searching for the best body shop.
>
>Mike (Full of bad news) Crumley
>
>--
>Mike Crumley mcrumley@airmail.net
>97 RC 3.9L V6 3.55 Auto Rhino Liner
>Bug Shield Mud Flaps DDBC
>
>Childrens Book Titles You'll Never See--
>"Daddy Drinks Because You Cry"

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com