99 R/T's are here!!!

From: MITCH WILLIAMS (jmwillim@gte.net)
Date: Sat Aug 22 1998 - 22:07:53 EDT

I have a 99 R/T on order, but after 2 weeks of not seeing a Dak, I went to my local dealership just to look over their 98 Daks. I also wanted to hear the Infinity sound system. Well, I was checking stickers trying to find one with the high-zoot sound system and noticed, the purple truck's sticker had the R/T package listed. WHAT??? I instantly looked at the door, and yeah, it had the good ol "Dakota 5.9 R/T" on the side...but there aren't supposed to be any 98's left.....I look at the top of the sticker, AND IT SAYS 1999!

I could ramble on for several pages here, but let me say that I listened to the sound system (could only find 6 speakers, not 8), then
got to go for a test drive. This was not the dealer I have an order with, but it doesnt hurt to check. They insulted me with their
trade allowance for the S-10.

The headlights looked the same, and the tires were the rs-a eagles. The truck was next to a 98 Sport, and I could not tell any difference between the 98 and 99.

The R/T was nice. So I got my needed Dak fix and got an unexpected R/T fix also.

This dealer had got three 99 R/T's on 8/20, they had 2 left. My daughter tells me she saw another R/T at a different dealer. Sooooooo THEY'RE HERE!!! Go to your local dealer and drool like I did!

Mitch Williams
Any questions email me at panadalmis@unidial.com