Dragstrip Results-1st Timer

From: TXSTIM@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 22 1998 - 14:01:44 EDT

I took my 94 V8 to the test and tune dragstrip here in El Paso last night.
I'm hooked now! This was the first time I'd ever gone racing (legally). My
first run was against a 90 something Camaro. I took him off the line and beat
him with a disappointing 16.19 @81.2 MPH (1.34 RT, this guy was asleep). My
second run, the announcer says my name across the loudspeaker, (uhoh choke
city here we come). I was up against another late Camaro. It started out a
bit better (.908 RT), the Dak was hooking pretty good, and when I shifted into
2nd, it really took off. Unfortunately, when I went for 3rd, I hit 5th
instead. I'm not even going to publish the times on this run (hang my head,
and try to look invisible). Run 3 got better, I beat a 5.0 Stang with my
15.94 (.672 RT). Run 4 I was alone and ran a 16.29 (.688 RT) BUT Missed 3rd
again, son of a bitch! Run 5 was an ego trip. I was up against a very loud
70 Chevelle with contingancy stickers all over the place, and a set of wide
slicks. I had trouble with my burnout cause I couldn't hear a damn thing with
all his racket going on. I beat him off the line (heads up race) and stayed
ahead of him the whole way down the track with a 15.65 @88.09 MPH (.848 RT).
He took a little ribbing from his buddies for getting beat by a pickup truck,
Hee Hee. My last run was probably the most fun. I was up against another 5.0
(these things really come out of the woodwork late at night, kinda like
cockroaches). I took him off line, and had him all the way into 3rd gear, but
he caught and just passed me near 4th. I ran a 15.52 @88.08 MPH.

I recommend the M/T Competitor tires. I was hooking an awful lot better than
the guys with the 5.0's. Considering the Dak is a truck, and I'm an
inexperienced driver, this says a lot for the tires.

Black 94 V8 5spd
3.90 Gears, Sure Grip
Ported TB, DT Headers, Gibson Exhaust
MP Computer, 9" Mickeys