Hitch ratings WAS: Can you spare a roll pan?

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 09:13:42 EDT

Just curious Jon, what is your hitch rated at? My Street Scene Hidden
Hitch (behind the optional OEM roll pan) is rated at 5000lb. Can't see
where you'd be towing much more with your Dak anyway.

Steve

>>> Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu> 08/22/98 06:33pm >>>
  I'd like to put a roll pan on my truck eventually, but I have a
class IV hitch which I'm almost positive will get in the way. I know
I could get a hidden hitch or something, but to my knowledge, they
aren't rated for loads anywhere near what my hitch will handle.