Automatic Transmission Fluid

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 13:07:26 EDT

   Just had mine checked. My friend and mechanic told me that only ATF+
should go into the newer Dakotas or they will start shifting funny and wear
badly. I dunno how accurate that is, but I trust the guy.
   My Dak has actually been shifting strange anyway. At 29mph on a level road
under light pedal, it couldn't make up it's mind what gear it wanted to be in.
 I put more hammer down and it went low, accelerated and then high and stayed
there (as expected). Does anyone else have this kind of experience? I always
like to watch my tach bounce back and forth for no apparant reason.
---ooooh, look at the pretty needle play tennis---

Shaun
Tustin, CA