Oil filter: Fram TG16....some comparisons

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 16:16:44 EDT

Theres alot of choices on the market when looking for
oil filters. I bought a Fram Tough Guard oil filter and
compared it to the Mopar oil filter (5.2L). I noticed that
Fram has larger holes exposing more filter element than the
Mopar filter. Fram also stated it had an anti-drainback valve
built in. This was to keep the oil from draining back into the
pan, and would provide instant oil to the engine on start up.
        When I removed the filter after 3K miles it was full of
oil. This seems to be a very good idea, a cold engine will
not have to pump oil to the filter first and then to the
engine. By the way, the single pass rating (SPE) was 98% and
the cost is an affordable $4.99.

Wait a minute, I think I remember some threads on this filter
not too long ago...........never mind!

GS

98 5.2L 5spd 3.92sg
allround "mean lookin, warp driven, Klingon kickin" Dak