Bad shifting auto

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 15:45:49 EDT

>>My Dak has actually been shifting strange anyway. At 29mph on a level
road
under light pedal, it couldn't make up it's mind what gear it wanted to be
in.
I put more hammer down and it went low, accelerated and then high and stayed
there (as expected). Does anyone else have this kind of experience? I
always
like to watch my tach bounce back and forth for no apparant reason.
- ---ooooh, look at the pretty needle play tennis---<<

The kickdown cable that runs along the right side of the TBI is VERY
sensitive to adjustment. I mean a quarter inch one way or the other can
make a whole lot of difference in how your tranny shifts. Tighten it
slightly, and you get later, firmer shifts. Go a hair too far and when you
give it some gas it'll drop from 3rd to first and peg the tach!!
That's the first thing I'd check...or even better, have the dealer check
under warranty.
Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT reproduce the works of Shakespeare.