RE: JBA install-just a few observations

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 16:14:47 EDT

The
air box was a bitch to remove. I ended up ripping the nuts (what are
they?) off with a vise grip.

*** I did the same with mine when I first got it... Guess what - the
box is only held by the nut at the top - the bottom two pins just slip
through the rubber grommets - didn't have to touch them at all. Live
and learn - haha!!!!!!

I now smell burning rubber when idling. I think it's the A/C hose
that's
above the passenger side header. Anyone else? Did you guys have to
reroute some plug wires too?

The "rubber smell" is the new style gaskets, I'll bet - the smell will
go away soon. Definitely not your a/c hose unless JBA messed up - I
doubt it.

Tate