Braided Headers/Lines/Hoses

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 17:51:26 EDT

   For any of you that think I'm blowing smoke up your a$$ on this SF2600
thing, I did some quick internet research and found that NASA listed Santa Fe
Textiles as one of their contractors for the thermal protection system for the
shuttle. You can see this for yourself at:

http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/technology/sts-newsref/sts-subs.html

with detailed information on the TPS and it's function on the Space Shuttle
at:

http://www.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/technology/sts-newsref/sts_sys.html#sts-tps

Here's Santa Fe Textiles information:

Santa Fe Textiles Inc
(714)251-1960
16951 Murphy Ave
Irvine, CA 92606-512

   I make no claims as to how much this would cost or if they even do this
kind of thing anymore. All I know is that before (over a decade ago) they
were bought out by a much bigger company (why my mother quit) they used to do
all kinds of things like this. They even made one of the first carbon fiber
baseball bats (one of their employees trying to come up with new marketing
ideas) before they became common. I doubt they still have that same "give it
a try" spirit but who knows. If you're trying to cut down on heat in your
engine compartment, this might be one way.

Shaun
Tustin, CA