Re: Automatic Transmission Fluid

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 23:29:30 EDT

You guys really need to get the Transgo kit ASAP. Sorry I couldn't do any better
on the group buy.
The TV cable should be adjusted so when you are at WOT it is all the way applied.
Then if you have high shift points back it off about 1/6 of an inch until you get
it where you want it. If you go to far the shifts will be lazy and close
together.
My trany. shifts to 3rd under light throttle at around 30 mph or 3000 rpm, if I go
under 30 it will go back to 2nd, but that's ok, you have to give and take with
these things. I only use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in my dakota ( i know dodge says on
7176 ATF) but If you want this thing to last synthetic is the only way to go. I
have noticed a better and more consistent shift with Mobil 1.

Colin