RE: Emmisions testing in GA (specifics)

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 23:41:20 EDT

Jack,
All states by the year 2000. A lot of people don't realize the ramifications
of this test, but it is real. Federal highway funding is in jeopardy for the
states that don't
comply. In my experiments and tests on the dyno, something as simple as a
set plugs can drive NOx skyward. One of the safest ways to preclude problems
is to use parts that have an E.O. number (Carb approved). I hate to preach,
but this is scary stuff. If you think tickets are expensive, wait until you
see the fines
issued to people who unknowingly install components an late model vehicles
that are not approved. I really believe we will see the day that we as
individuals are
not allowed to perform ANY maintenance on our vehicles, if we are allowed to
own vehicles at all.