Re: Re:JBA heat...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 12:07:21 EDT

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 bgbeaird@neosoft.com wrote:
> <SNIP>

> > Just curious... How did that happen? Did he pay for them himself or
> >did the taxpayers buy 'em? Or was it an ex-patrol car?
> <SNIP>
>
> I don't know what jurisdiction this patrol car is in, but MANY PD's
> allow, or require their officers to use their own cars (we have Sheriffs,
> Constables, and local subdivision PDs here in Texas). I guess they get
> to charge mileage, and get to drive what they want. I know several
> Constables who use their Impala SSs as police cars (keeps them from
> having to drive those Crown Bricks).

  Wow, that's pretty cool! (I guess... You'd have to pay me a lot
of money to get me to use my own car for police work!) :-) That
explains the bottle fed 426 HEMI police car in "Black Sheep". I
didn't really understand how that could happen, but it makes sense now. :-)
(Anyone else notice that Chris Farley & David Spade appear to be Mopar
fans?)

> As for other possibilities, the LT1 Caprice had a BIG problem with
> cracking the exhaust manifold. Some departments may have found it cost
> effective to order some headers and install them, if it would keep the
> cars on the road, and out of the shop. I am sure they DIDN'T pay list
> for them, especially if you are outfitting several cars, buying several
> sets on the same PO.
>
> Just some more non-Dak-related junk.

  Hmmmm, there's gotta be a connection here somewhere. Ok, how about:
Anyone know of any police Dakotas? ;-)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.85@90.72), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |