Re: Questions From Dragstrip1st Timer

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 13:21:21 EDT

At 12:18 AM 8/25/98 , you wrote:

> You probably could lauch at that RPM, but quite frankly, I'm afraid
>to try. Visions of my driveshaft, rearend, etc. coming apart in little
>pieces and dropping on the track kept my drag radial launches nice and
>easy...
>
> I think Dahrl pulls 1.5's in his ten second Dak, so 1.6's are certainly
>achievable, but at what cost? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, I dunno.

Had a friend who had a '57 Chevy 327 4bbl. He put on a set of drag slicks
and went to show off for all the little girls in the neighborhood. Revved
it up, dropped the clutch and turned his rear end into shrapnel. Sometimes
it pays to be paranoid.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Childrens Book Titles You'll Never See-- "Candy in the Medicine Cabinet"