Re: RE: Super Turbo Mufflers

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Aug 25 1998 - 14:13:46 EDT

At 12:27 PM 8/24/98 , you wrote:

>They are cheap.

Yeah, 20 bucks less than a Flowmaster 2-chamber installed where I checked.

>They are louder as compared to others.

The guy told me they were quieter than the Flowmaster

>They are not a "straight through" design. The piping does an S-turn
>inside.

Don't know what difference this would make, although the guy told me that
they were more free flowing.

>I would recommend Ultra Flo (also from Walker/dynomax).

I'll look into this.

>I don't know if they make the entire cat-back system or not though. I
>have them on my Stang and the R/T comes with them from the factory. I
>really like the sound.

Muffler will fit existing pipes if you want to go that way. The guy I
talked to really seemed to like the Super Turbo over others (he also sells
Flowmaster and Borla) and it wasn't just a case of saying what I wanted to
hear just to make a sale since he had Flowmaster and Borla in stock but had
the Super Turbo on backorder (maybe he was trying to get rid of me?).
Anyway, thanks for all the responses. Will look into this further.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Childrens Book Titles You'll Never See-- "Candy in the Medicine Cabinet"