RE: RE: Trans. Temp.

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 13:43:19 EDT

Bob,
I did swing by the Dodge dealership yesterday to check out the 44RE tranny
pan situation and I pretty much struck out. As Colin said in the post below,
the
filters are the same for the 44 and the 46. You really need to keep the pan
at 3 inches deep. I was hoping that the 44RE pan might have the same
physical
dimensions as the 727 but it doesn't. I don't know of anyone other then B&M
or TCI or Derale that is making replacement pans. A custom pan would be to
expensive. About the only choice you have for a drain plug would be to use a
drain plug kit with the factory pan. B&M makes a kit PN 80250 for a drain
plug.
My friends are going to give me a couple of pans off of warranty trannys. If
you would like, I can go ahead and fit a pan with a drain plug (a lot of
people don't
like drilling holes in sheet metal) and ship it to you. Let me know
        Frank