spark plug wires

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 16:59:27 EDT

>>Maybe I'm abnormally clumsy, but I had a very difficult time getting my
stock wires off to change the plugs the first time; the short boot
coupled with the metal collar around the plug made it a real pain (I
have a '94, but it sounds like the collars are still there). So I'm
sure I ripped one, which led to a misfire, which I lived with for a
period of time (not sure of the cause since my O2 sensor died at about
the same time).<<

For less than $5.00 you can buy plug boot pulling tool....kinda like hot dog
tongs, but shaped
to go around a spark plug boot. No ripped wires and no cut/burned fingers.
Lots cheaper than
$100 sets of spark plug wires!

Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT
eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!