RE: Overdrive hung till shutdown

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 18:31:37 EDT

Disengaging OD manually accomplishes the same thing as causing the 4-3
downshift with throttle. The OD / LTC are controlled by two solenoids. When
you disengage OD or downshift, the LTC solenoid releases first, then the OD
solenoid, causing the 4-3 downshift.

The OD is usually fried by excessive shifting, which the owner's manual
specifically addresses. Use OD when on the highway, or when doing at least
50 on secondary roads that are reasonably flat.

gk

Gary E. Klim - Somewhere In Connecticut mailto:garyklim@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/garyklim/ mailto:gklim@harman.com