Re: K&N FIPK on the dyno (Mike)

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 22:45:47 EDT

> Mike Catlin wrote:
> >
> > Bob,
> > Those are actually pretty good numbers. Here are the results
> > of some other dyno & G-tch readings from various sources:
> >
> > Some 5.2 readings
> >
> > "Truckin Magazine"
> > dynode a stock Dakota 5.2 on a Dynojet
> > Dyno in Oct 97 issue pg 167. Rear wheel reading 160 HP
> >
> > We G-Teched our 5.2 and got a rear wheel reading of 162 HP
> >
> > Some R/T readings
> >
> > Hot Rod magazine dynode the R/T on a Dynojet
> > in May 98 they got a rear wheel reading of 191.7 HP
> >
> > I G-Teched my stock R/T before any mods and got 195 HP
> >
> > I got the 220 HP reading on my R/T on the dynojet after my throttle
> > body mods and a open air filter with a K&N filter. Also had 14,000
> > miles on it so the engine was nice and loose. I'm going to try to
>
> <snippage>
>
> Mike,
>
> I wish I had the run sheets with me here at work. I'll post some better
> data tomorrow.
> Did your runs span the 3000-4000 rpm range?

Bob mine was in the
3000-5000 rpm range 3rd gear (Auto)

>I thought I saw a post of
> your numbers and a graph, but I can't seem to find it now.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/2566/

it's under "dyno results"

"Snip"
> I will be running with and w/o the JET during the next DynoJet session.
> This will be a pre-cat back deal. Then possibly a third session with a
> cat back and whatever else I can come up with that holds promise.

 Bob,
        That same "Truckin" article (Oct 97 pg 167) that dynode the
stock 5.2L did one more dyno run after installing Mopar headers &
Borla Performancecat back exhaust. They gained 34 HP at the
rear wheels.

       Stock 5.2L 160 HP @4500rpm

5.2L with MP headers & Borla Cat Back 194 HP @ 4500

So your cat back & headers should should put you well over 200 HP easy.

Good Luck
Mike Catlin