Re: K&N FIPK on the dyno

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 02:09:23 EDT

At 03:44 PM 8/27/98 PDT, you wrote:
>I ran a horsepower test with my '97 with the G-Tech. It gave me 140'ish.
>I ran the truck to redline 1st through 3rd gears. It seemed low to me.
>Using the scale at Bandimere, it gave me 4600 lbs. Does the weight seem
>ok? If I deduct 20% from the advertised 230hp, it gives me
>about 184, that seems close to what the dyno gave Bob. I dont know why
>it gave me such low horsepower...with the cat-back, K&N, ram air.
>
>dave
>'97 Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
>homemade ram air
>K&N FIPK clone
>Gibson dual cat-back
>http://members.xoom.com/tnadoman

4600 is about right for a 4x4. I think most of the 4x2 CC guys said they
weighed 4000-4100 pounds. The reading does seem really low, though. Don't
forget that the power runs through a transfer case, even not engaged, that
makes extra friction. Still it doesn't sound right. Maybe 140 - 160
stock. My drag times indicated I was making 180ish on my MP SBEC and K&N
FIPK. I have a 5.2 CC auto 2wd. If you had wheelspin that will mess up
the reading, too.

Brian