98 R/T ID Number; Mfg. Date

From: Scott L. (homer@nevada.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 15:11:26 EDT

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Mike Catlin wrote:

> >Chris Sobaszek wrote:
> >
> >Does anyone know if the 2000 R/T's made in 1998 have identification
> >numbers (other than the VIN). If you pop the hood on mine, and look
> >directly behind the front bumper assembly, in front of the radiator
> >crossmember and A/C cooler, a number is hand written on the inside
> >of the bumper in purple paint. It reads "595" and is dated? "4-17".
> >Just wondering if anyone else has any info on this or if I'm way
> >of base on this number thing...
>
> Chris,
> I crawled under my R/T and written in purple on the inside of
> the front valance panel next to the fog light it says 3052 (The 5
> in the 3052 may be an S) with the number 15 written below this number.
> The manufacture date on the door says 3-98. Also on the underside of
> the engine block written in purple also it says "CCBB 3-2"...
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Catlin

I finally got around to looking at mine. Written in yellow (my truck is
deep amethyst), is "4-25" and some other numbers I can't see. But there is
also a bar code sticker there that says "FLEX-N-GATE LLC 05-27-1998," and
it has the last 6 digits of my VIN on it. (The driver door indicates
"5-98" for date manufactured.)

Scott L.