RE: Ram Air, Bruces config

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 16:17:26 EDT

DML,
Jeeze, er thanks Frank.... Alright, I used to boycott Home despot, but they
are now my ram air supplier of choice! 15.00 get you 2 3" dia rubber sewer
connectors with aricraft clamps, one 3"-4" rubber expander connector with
clamps, one 3" PVC short connector and one 45 degree 3" dia connector. Taks
a grinder and remove all flash and extraneous plastic from the two pieces of
pipe & chamfer the internal edges. remove the plastic rivet from the rubber
"shield" between the right side of the radiator and the fender well. snip
the 1" of rubber between the x and the nearest hole on the rubber sheet
(ouch, the only nonreversible mod on my R/T to date). Put the 3" rubber on
the box, connect another piece with the PVC 3" coupler, put the 45 deg PVC
on next and the put the 4" to 3" reducer in from the grill side of the truck
through the rubber sheet. connect this all up (they wont connect perfectly
straight and on the 3" connector you wont have a lot of rubber to grab to).
The reducer inlet will be held in by the A/C quick connect by the radiator.
This gives a 4" ram inlet with a virtual straight shot to the element. A
picture is worth a hell of a lot more than this post, so I guess Ill
digitize ASAP. Anyhow, it seems to work great, although Ill keep my
original inlet in the truck for those rainly days...
BKB