Re: Bed Liners

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 16:31:14 EDT

> I'm thinking about getting a spray -in bedliner for my R/T. Does anyone
> have any experience with RhinoLinings or Armacoatings? How do you like it?

   I wanted to have this done to my Dak before I put in my Mopar bedliner
(yes, I want two bedliners). My reasoning follows what everyone has been
saying: I wanted to protect the bed from rust, rubbing, etc. I do have one
problem with spray in liners though, they require support from the steel of
the bed, which means, they don't take shock damage too well. The steel bends
under them. A regular heavy liner absorbs tremendous shock before passing it
onto the steel below it: acting like another "wall" of the bed. I figured I'd
have a spray in liner to protect from the rust and rub: and a Mopar liner to
protect from the shock and pressure problems.
   Sadly, I couldn't afford the spray in when I bought the truck and just had
the underrail Mopar liner put in. Eventually, I will have the spray in
though.

Shaun