Popping Noise on 98 5spd

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 17:28:38 EDT

Joel,
       Your the second email I've received on this subject. I
didn't have the popping noise with the stock muffler.
I installed a flowmaster 2 chamber and now it does it quite
often. This is normal for this type of muffler, however
I really could do without it.
        I am curious to find out what this may be, if its not
just backpressure. I've not seen any TSB's on this problem
and will post any info I find on the DML.

Any ideas guys ?

GS