Re: strange "clunk" when turning

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Aug 28 1998 - 23:10:52 EDT

At 07:15 PM 8/28/98 EDT, you wrote:
>MY 98 R/T has a clunk on tight radius turns, but my dealer shrugs and claims
>he can't duplicate the problem therefore it doesn't exist, just like my
tranny
>overheating / slipping problem from a few months back.
>
>Anyway, this strange abnormality seems to occur only in parking lots or other
>areas where you have low speeds, less then 20 mph, and turn a bit tighter
>turning radius then the usual. I guess pulling into my driveway is where I
>notice it most often.
>
>Chris Sobaszek
>1998 R/T CC

The sound DOES exist , and here is the TSb for you to show the dealer !!

I had it fixed on my 98 R/T Club Cab !!

On mine it sounded like something was actually hittig the floor of the cab
on the right rear . I almost thought it was the exhaust system hitting it .

Service Bulletin Number: 971212236597
Bulletin Sequence Number: 628