Re: RE: franks TB!!RE: Magnum Performance Throttle Body?

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 18:39:31 EDT

Bridges, Bruce wrote:

<snipped>

> The R/T was running great with NO bad side effects and what felt like a lot
> more power! It was late so I parked it after a 30 mile cruise and went in
> for the evening. The next morning I got ready for the strip by washing the
> truck. After the wash I started it and got a check engine light. OUCH! it
> ran like hell. To make this short, it ended up being the JET chip giving up
> the ghost on me...

Bruce,

That's not good news.

I'm beginning to wonder if my JET is flaking out a little. I'm starting
to get intermittent surges at part throttle anywhere between 1500 and
2500. Think I'll pop the JET out tonight and see if it goes away.

With at least three people(my last count) who have had to return chips
for one reason or another, it would seem the percentage of returns for a
relatively small buying group is not too good. I thought JET had ironed
out their problems from years ago. Now I'm wondering.

Bob