Really Weird Leak!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 22:20:47 EDT

     Anyone out there know how the box is constructed, specifically, the
     passenger side front where it meets the cab? I put an ARE cap on
     awhile ago (really like the cap) and I've been meaning to ask the list
     about this weird leak.

     In the passenger side front corner of the box I get water coming in
     only when I am driving in the rain. I've tried to recreate the leak
     using the "wash it yourself" high pressure hoses and not a drop goes
     in no matter where I spray it. I figure its got to have some sort of
     holes that allow the wind stream to carry water "up" the walls of the
     bed but I can't figure out how to plug 'em!

     In total I probably put about 5lbs worth of caulking material were I
     could without success... Any help would be appreciated.

     Thanks!

     T.