Re: Oil Filter Help

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 14:19:27 EDT

At 12:55 PM 9/1/98 , you wrote:

>I've got a fairly new 98 V-6 Dakaota and I planned on performing the first
>oil change today. After draining the oil, I tried to get the factory oil
>filter off but this thing just doesn't want to come off.

I had the same problem, the factory filter was *extremely* hard to get off.
Even the cap type filter wrenches didn't work. I finally wound up taking
the front tire off so I could get at it through the finder well. Came right
off doing it that way. It's also easier to get the new one on and
tightened. Needless to say, if you use this method jack stands are a must.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Childrens Book Titles You'll Never See-- "You're Different...And That's Bad"