Re: DML Digest V3 #1223

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 07:56:05 EDT

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:28:09 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>Date: Mon, 31 Aug 98 20:51:16 -0500
>From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
>Subject: RE: DML: JBA's installed & OOPS on dual inlet cat
>
> OK Russ I give up! How did you avoid the "smash, curse, cram, curse,
> bang, curse, twist, curse, crush the aluminum insulation, curse, I'll
> get you to fit or else!" routine on the passenger side install?
>
> At first I thought you didn't have A/C but you do... what's the
> trick? Is yours a '98?
>
> Just curious.
>
> T.
>
> <<snip>>
> 2. Passenger side install - 1.5 hours. The 4th bolt from the front
> took about 10 mins to tighten. The 5th bolt took about 30 mins
> to install, it kept wanting to cross-thread due to the angle of the
> pipe, tightening was no problem. No problem with getting the JBA
> under the A/C line, either.
> <<snip>>

It was a "force-fit", but nothing was (permanently) bent. I learned a
long time ago - when I work on my vehicles, there's no need to be too
gentle, the materials used are, for the most part, fairly flexible. It
doesn't pay to waste time worrying about damaging things - unless you go
beserk, it won't happen.

                        Later,

                                Russ Selkirk

--