Re: RE: Oil Filter Help

From: Steve (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 17:39:16 EDT

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998 19:38:24 -0400, you wrote:

>Use a filter wrench that self-tightens in the intended direction and =
wear
>gloves. It's a pain, but can be done. I'm thinking of installing a =
filter
>relocation kit for just that reason, as well as orienting the filter
>vertically to avoid oil getting all over everything.

I thought about doing that too. The 4X4's have a neat axle locating
bracket that serves to spread/scatter oil everywhere, including down
into the skid plates.=20

The only concern I had was a loss of oil pressure.

        Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....