Engine rumble at low speeds

From: ryanmc@concentric.net
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 22:04:17 EDT

I have noticed that at certain times also when I first start off and in
lower gears, my engine has a loud roar. It sounds like a totally different
engine. Also, in my Grand Cherokee, it does this every once in a while
also. It isn't the fan, because that is going all of the time and it isn't
the A/C because I can tell when that kicks on and off. I have asked other
people what it is and they don't know. Once thing I do like is it makes the
engine loud, but the other thing is I can tell a big decrease in power when
it is rumbling. I notice it on V6's only. Does anyone know what that is?
Ryan McMillan
ryanmc@concentric.net
Ultra South Park
http://ultra.simplenet.com/ultrasp/