RE: '98 5-Speed Clutch Hydraulics

From: Dan DePardo (JetPilot@ukans.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 17:38:37 EDT

>Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:59:25 -0500
>From: "STRICKLAND, Tate" <tstricklan@shl.com>
>Subject: DML: RE: '98 5-Speed Clutch Hydraulics
>
>Good luck, dan - mine's in the shop now for that and a few other
>things.

Hi Tate;
Are they replacing the cylinder now that it's in the shop?

>All I got was "spray some wd40 on it". As a courtesy, they
>gave me some lithium grease --still squeaks!!!

Well, if I get a response like that when I take mine in, someone is
*really* going to regret it...and I assure you it won't be me! ;~D
( I can be quite the bastard in such situations...)

I had a new college student modify my passenger fender for me the other day,
 so the truck is going in next week anyway to have the fender replaced, and the
"custom bodywork" erased. I intend to have the service guys deal with
the clutch cylinder noise at the same time.

If a seal is making a squeak loud enough for me to hear over the radio
everytime I engaged the clutch, I'm relatively certain I'll have a leak or
failure soon enough if I leave it "as is".

Thanks for the response, and hopefully we'll both be noise-free soon...
and without the suggested WD-40 "band-aid"!

Dan