Stuck in Sand

From: Toomey2me@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 17:12:47 EDT

Yesterday I had a terrible experience. I went over to my friends house, near
the beach, and parked in an empty lot filled with sand. I have always parked
there before. About six of us are taking a jujitsu class at college, so we
carpool. Well after class and a beer to take away the pain, I went out to my
truck and to my avail found out it was stuck. I have a 97 V-6, but only 2wd. I
went into my firends house and luckily 2 of them helped me. Needless to say it
took about 3 minutes of rocking before we had enough momentum to get it out.
Has anyone else had problems like this? Also I have noticed in low gear there
is a load roar coming from the engine. I dont have a/c, but i thought it might
be the fan . It happens randomly and have noticed it more. It usually happens
when i first start the car and drive off, but have noticed even after 20
minutes of driving. Any Suggestions???

Thanks for your time,

2me