RE: Speedo recalibration

From: Lance Martz (LanceM@mcmullenargus.com)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 12:49:55 EDT

When I swapped my stock 3:55s to 3:91s, the dealer handed me a gear to
change out. It went into the Trans and you should replace the rubber
O-ring that surrounds it at the same time. The Trans fluid tends to make
the O-ring swell and makes it a bitch to get back in without tearing it.
You just tell them the size of tire and gear ratio and they should be
able to come up with a close match. Not perfect, but close.... I'm
swapping again with a new rear end (Dana 60) and I'm going to have to
recalibrate again... (it never ends)

Pro-streeting in Cally,
Lance
MT