Re: Popping Noise on 98 5spd, Could it be the TPS ?

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 01 1998 - 13:41:29 EDT

I'm wondering if the Throttle Position Sensor could
somehow be sending erroneous data to the computer, in
effect- a rich condition while downshifting. Logically
this could be the reason some of the 5spd Daks are
popping. You would think this condition would show
up on a CC diagnostic computer though. I know this
speculation could be funny to the service pro, but
the DML is the best place to throw out some ideas.
Especially when 3 Dodge service dept.s has not helped!

I'm curious about Joel's MP computer, wonder if they
changed that out? Joel ?

GS

98 5.2L 5spd 3.92SG

P.S.