Re: Engine rumble at low speeds

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 01:36:45 EDT

I can't say what it is, but my 93 V-6 5-speed does the same thing on
cold
starts. The roar and the very noticable decrease in power usually stop
after
30 seconds or so. Cuoldn't be the trannies could it?

Mike Styer
Nashville

This noise is common to all Dodge trucks. It's the mechanical clutch on
the fan. At startup and when the engine is hot, it engages to run the
fan. At cruising speed the air is moving through the radiator fast
enough that the fan does no good. At this point it will also
disengage. Sometimes it is hot enough just sitting around (esp. down
here in Memphis with a black truck) that the clutch is engaged when you
start it up.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black