Re: Names -Reply

From: DkotaKid@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 00:21:10 EDT

rotrottmann@davidson.edu writes:

> My favorite post- race quote was after I hung with a 'Vette (didn't beat
him,
> but
> hung with him, and I was glad the race didn't last up to high speeds (like
> over
> 70)) but anyway, after racing, I pulled up and said "Now lets see whose got
> better trunk!" Damn that guy was ticked off!

Well, most racers expected to see some serious movement out of my slightly
massaged, fire-breathin' Rubella... but what's really fun is showing V8
Chebbies 'n Fords the taillights on my R/T Neon! Surprises the heck out of
'em! e.g., Saturday I whupped a Sportside 350 Chebbie. Then I get to wait
for him at the next light, to tell him, "You've just been beat - by a NEON!"
as I squeal away in a cloud of FWD smoke! I know the Dak and the Neon are two
totally different animals, but I guess what really counts is who crosses the
finish line first, and the 5 speed 318 Dak and the 5 speed Neon R/T really got
me spoiled on winning!

Andy