Re: My 91 is Going to Hell!!!

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 00:29:26 EDT

Well my truck seems to be getting old and requiring alot of maintence. I
went into Firestone to get a simple brake job done (got a coupon because I
am such a "loyal customer" tells what I have been through) and when I get
the call from them performing the 12.99 total inspection I am looking at
close to 1000 worth of work. First my front disc were to thin and couldnt
be turned again. I can understand this but they wanted to charge me 137
bucks for each. Then they tell me all of my tie rods are shoot and need
replacement. I had just had the left inner an outter replaced alittle over
6 months ago by Firestone when they put on my new tires. Then they said I
NEEDED an oil change but I just switched it over to Mobil 1 syn. about 80
miles ago which really made me mad and feel I couldnt trust not a word they
said. I also saw on their checklist they had suggested that I get the
plugs and wires replaced, you guessed it I did this last month. They are
also telling me that my master cyclinder might be gone too. I need help!
How can I tell if what they say is wrong is really bad? Is my truck going
to HELL in a had basket? Sorry to take up so much space.
Tony Sarro
tonyms@acadiacom.net

They tried the tie rod thing with my friends truck, the tie rods needed
replaced, but they wanted 300 a side. I helped him change them in the
driveway. Bunch cheaper that way. Get a second opinion from a trusted
mechanic.

I DOUBT THAT THEY NEED REPLACED, unless they never changed them in the
first place.

On the brake rotors, take it to a brake shop to see if they really need it,
probably don't need it though.

Some places just want your $$$. If ya take it to a trusted mechanic, and
he says everything is fine, bust the Firestone manager's ass!!! Tell him
you'll call the corporation with a complaint. Don't take their crap!!
People that pull this sh*t suck!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!!
Done w/ my rampage, feel better now.

Brian