Re: Don't Get that Auto.....was: Popping Noise on 98 5spd

From: Michael Nunes (m1s@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 01:34:59 EDT

I have a 97 CC 5.2l Auto and had a similar shifting problem. My trans
problem was shifting between 4th and OD at WOT. I took it to the dealer
{Crown Dodge in Filmore, Ca.} twice because the first time they couldn't
duplicate the problem. On the second visit they had discovered that the
connector at the trans had a loose pin, thus causing improper information
being sent to the trans so it never new when to shift up and stay in OD or
shift back down.

 Now tranny is fine. I'm still interested in the Transco kit though.

Incidentally, the tranny problem only occurred over rough areas on the
highway and at WOT, so it did not occur all that often.

Just alittle advice.
Michael