"clunk while turning": GET IT CHECKED!!

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 02:25:34 EDT

  As some of you may remember, I was getting a clunk from the rear
end of the truck while turning. As it turns out, it was indeed my
rearend.

  I had the wonderful experience that you see happen to other people
and hope that it never happens to you... During a burnout before
staging at NYIRP, my rearend self-destructed, and my Dak went home
on a flatbed. (A Ferd no less!) ;-)

  Anyway, if you are getting this clunk, my advice is to get it
checked out, unless you're sure its the cab mount. This was a
really hard noise to find; I still wouldn't have known what it was
if my rearend didn't crap out. I think a couple of people mentioned
that their dealerships couldn't find a problem. That might be a good
area to check.

  Just FYI: My truck is a 4x2, 3.55 rearend with sure grip.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |