Re: RE: RE: RE: Stronger rearend?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 00:25:50 EDT

At 12:50 PM 9/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:00 AM 9/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>What is this setup costing you, Lance? Any details would be
>>appreciated. The thing I'm most afraid of is my 3.21 open 8.25 rear
>>going south. Am I correct in assuming that this is my weakest link as
>>far as breakage goes? I know it's the weak link as for performance.
>>

>Weakest link seems to be the carrier (what the gear is bolted to). This
>seems to go on the open rears. Mine and someone else has done this.
>Upgrading to a Sure-Grip or a locker would probably be the best, except Jon
>has a Sure-Grip(don't know if this broke, though). The 8.25 isn't that
>weak of a link, built right and taken care of, I'm sure it can take 450+ hp.
>
>So Jon, what actually busted, axles, or carrier??

  I'm not sure. I won't know until the dealer looks at it. Whatever it is,
I think its in the pumkin somewhere; there's no visible damage on the
outside whatsoever. When I find out what happened for sure, I'll post a
message and let you know.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.80@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |