Re: RE: 4X4 MPG

From: Jason Muffenbier (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 03 1998 - 22:53:52 EDT

Hey I get between 10.7 and 12 MPG around town and maybe 13-14 on the
highway. What's the deal here??? It seems like everyone else's mileage
is
great. I got a 98 SLT+, CC, 4X4, 318, auto, 3.92, with a edlebrock open
air
cleaner, K&N filter, JBA headers.....I just don't understand. Well I
got a
Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler on the way the guy at flowmaster
recommends
that for the Dak and it flows better than a 3 chamber. I sure hope that

helps!!!

Jason

Jason,

It may just be the fact you have the 3.92 gears. Or judging the mods
you have, you don't stay off the right pedal enough. I was talking
highway miles anyway. In town, ESPECIALLY on the WEEKENDS, I only get
about 11-12.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black