Re: RE: 4X4 MPG

From: Scott May (scott@dmcom.net)
Date: Sat Sep 05 1998 - 23:27:23 EDT

14.5 - 15 MPG - town and hilly terrain
18+ highway (hilly hwy @ 70 MPH)
pushing 20 on flat hwy (60 MPH)

4,300 miles and seems to be getting better but slowly.

(both with AC on most of the time. Have not needed it for these
 mornings in the low 50's lately.)

Scott May
'98 Sport+ CC 4x4
5 Speed, 3.55SG, HD Service, Tow, EVS, 4WAL
31x10.5, Downey SST Tonneau, OHC, blah, blah....
K&N FIPK or Stock Air Box.

BTW: I saw no real gains between the FIPK and the stock airbox
with paper filter. I'm going to get the K&N for the airbox.
I think the increased air flow does not really pay off versus
the stock box unless you get cool air to it. Anyone looking for
a deal on a slightly used/like new K&N FIPK?