Re: NON-Dak......Tornado Al

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 20:17:04 EDT

   NOAA defines "Tornado Alley" as running from near the SW Texas/New Mexico
border, to New Orleans, then up the Mississippi to near the Great Lakes and
west across the Dakotas (I knew I could get something about the Dakota into
this e-mail) then south to where it started. It roughly bisects the US and if
you're in that zone, you ain't safe. I can't remember the exact cities and
locations but I do remember palling around with an NOAA dude and he showed me
the area he twister chased in. He had "Tornado Alley" officially marked on
his US "NOAA" map.
   At least here in California we only get hit by the twisters and quakes
irregularly. In tornado alley... sheesh, I'd hate to pay homeowners
insurance. ^_^

Shaun
Tustin, <rumble><rumble> CA