Goodyear Gripe AGAIN

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 20:14:12 EDT

   I didn't think Goodyear could piss me off anymore than they alread do. I
was wrong.
   Since I bought the Dak (April) I've had to put a little bit of air in right
front tire every so often. Lately the frequency increased to every 3 days. I
asked my buddy Dave if I should take it to the dealership. He said "No,
Goodyear is supposed to take care of the tires." So I took it to Goodyear.
They took the tire off and said, "You got a pinhole in the sidewall. We can't
fix it. We will sell you a new one for at least 50% off and we'll try to get
Goodyear to cover the whole thing under warranty so you won't pay anything:
but we don't carry that tire and will have to get it in tomorrow." My
response was, "Cool, sounds good to me. Go for it. Just put my spare on the
right front"
   I go in today and a totally different guy is there. He says he has a note
to just charge me 50% of a new tire (I don't think they even tried to do a
warranty fix). I asked him how much that was, his response "$67.00 + tax +
mounting and balancing". I said to him "You mean to tell me that tire is
$132.00 new?" He said "No, it's normally $176.00 but we'll give you 50% of
the sale price which is $132.00" My response, "Put the old tire and rim in
the back of my truck and goodbye."
   My buddy Dave had a pinhole in the sidewall of his tire once too. He put
in a $5 can of tire fix and it ran fine for two years with no additional air.
 I ain't payin' $80 for a crappy Eagle LS because I didn't even think it was
worth $50 (what I expected to pay for the darned thing).
   Am I wrong here? I think these tires are garbage, but do they really get
$176.00 each for these things?

Shaun
Tustin, CA