Re: Goodyear Gripe AGAIN

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Sep 05 1998 - 13:59:04 EDT

At , you wrote:

>They took the tire off and said, "You got a pinhole in the sidewall. We
can't
>fix it.

<snip>

> My buddy Dave had a pinhole in the sidewall of his tire once too. He put
>in a $5 can of tire fix and it ran fine for two years with no additional air.

I would be *extremely* leery about doing this. There is a reason that the
Goodyear people told you they couldn't fix the tire. The sidewall of radial
tires gets a lot of stress, especially when cornering. Even a small defect
in the sidewall can lead to sudden failure at the most inopportune time.
Maybe your buddy got away with it, but that doesn't mean you will. IMO,
it's not worth the risk to yourself or your Dak.

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 RC 3.9L V6   3.55 Auto  Rhino Liner

Childrens Book Titles You'll Never See-- "You're Different...And That's Bad"